Such as'

只能出现在下面这种情况:事物的复数+such as+这个复数事物的单个列举.因 此你可以说:'

in tropical countries such as Kenya and Indonesia...'

,但你不能说:in the tropics such as Kenya and Indonesia,因为Kenya and Indonesia不是'

tropics'

,他们不是 tropical counties. 巩固练习 Excercise

1 指出下列句子正确[A]与否[U]. 1. We are not very fussy about grammar here;

we don'

t mind if you split your infinitives, for example. 2. We are not very fussy about grammar rules here, such as the prohibition against split infinitives. 3. We are not very fussy about grammar here, such as the prohibition against split infinitives. 4. The government is cutting back on spending, such as health. 5. The government is cutting back on spending on public services, such as the health service. 6. He urged me to reform my behavior such getting up early every morning. 7. He urged me to reform my behavior by cultivating disciplined habits such as getting up early every morning. 8. He urged me to reform my behavior by cultivating disciplined habits such as getting up early every morning. 9. We began by running several tests on the data, such as a Harvey distribution test and a Harrison type consistency test. Exercise

2 改正'

such as'

的使用方法. 地道英文怎样写( HOW TO WRITE REAL ENGLISH)

8 Unit

6 For example 和 Such as 如:The government'

s economic management was sensible such as lowering interest rates. 改为:The government took sensible economic measures such as lowering interest rates.) 1. The economy is moving towards recovery such as higher job figures. 用法点津 与such as 连用的名词复数形式可以放在中间,你可以用'

such things as...'

或'

such measures as'

. 巩固练习 Exercise

3 在such和as之间插入一个复数短语来改正句子,并作出其他必要的调整. 例: We had to ensure that every thing went smoothly such as arranging the meals and lining up ferry and train schedules. 改为: We had to ensure that everything went smoothly by doing such things as arranging the meals and lining up ferry and train schedules. 用法点津 当你说'

for example'

或者'

such as'

时,读者知道后面不是单一的例子就是不完全的列举.所以,在例子后面再加上短语'

etc'

或'

among other things'

是多余的,应该尽量避免. 巩固练习 Exercise

4 在需要删除的短语下划线. 1. We selected informants using a selective set of criteria, for example, we only chose informants who belonged to the middle income range and were aged 24-40, among other criteria. 地道英文怎样写( HOW TO WRITE REAL ENGLISH)

9 Unit

6 For example 和 Such as Unit

20 被动语态 用法点津 有些动词不能用被动,如:bloom, cease, come, compete, connote, die, differ, resign, 这些动 词只有主动态. Wrong: He has decided to be resigned at the end of this year. 巩固练习 Excercise

1 改正括号内的内容. 用法点津 有些动词后接特定介词时,只用被动语态. 例: 1. This suggestion was jumped on by the group. 2. The idea was mulled over by the committe 同样的组合有时也可能是主动的,例: we need to mull over this suggestion. 许多动词具有这 种主动组合,这些组合不能用在被动态中. Wrong: 1. This suggestion was jumped by the group. 2. The idea was mulled by the roup. 巩固练习 Excercise

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题