编辑: 丑伊 2015-08-01

s why I'

m no longer a food waster. When I see wasted food,I always think of a hungry dog climbing to garbage bins,searching for food that people have thrown there. When eating in a restaurant,I'

m not afraid to take leftover food to feed stray cats or dogs. A week ago, I saw a homeless dog around the garbage bins. Immediately I knelt down, spoke to her softly and ran my hands over her. I could see that she had had puppies. I couldn'

t imagine how she could have been able to care for them. Hours earlier, I'

d bagged up a plate of leftover fish. As I unwrapped it,she wagged her tail and sniffed at it. She ate all the fish in no time. It'

s sad, isn'

t it?I can'

t understand why many of us waste so much and think little of it. These homeless animals have taught me that food is precious. Even when I don'

t have leftovers with me, I'

ll take the time to get something from the grocery store to feed them. I know my power is small,so I hope that next time you see wasted food,do turn it into worthy food. You have the power to save a life! 25. The author uses what Dr. Goodall says to show . A. how we can develop our business B. why it is important to be great C. why the program is popular globally D. how we can change the world positively 解析: 细节理解题. 由前一句 The program is intended to make and promote positive changes in the world 可知这个项目旨在促进世界积极的变化,故选 D. 答案:D 26. What can be concluded from the text? A. There are few homeless dogs where the author lives. B. The author takes homeless dogs home and raises them. C. Seeing homeless dogs makes the author never waste food. D. People throw food into garbage bins to feed homeless dogs. 解析: 细节理解题.由第二段 That'

s why I'

m no longer a food waster. When I see wasted food, I always think of a hungry dog climbing to garbage bins,searching for food that people have thrown there,可知我不再浪费食物的原因是我看到食物,总是想起饥饿的狗爬到垃圾桶, 寻找人们扔在那里的食物,故选 C. 答案:C 27. The author took the leftover fish with him to . A. eat it when he was hungry B. feed a homeless dog he met C. look for more homeless animals D. set an example to those who throw away food 解析: 细节理解题. 由第二段 I'

m not afraid to take leftover food to feed stray cats or dogs 可知 作者总是把剩下的食物喂给流浪猫或者流浪狗,故选 B. 答案:B 28. The author wrote the text to ask us to . A. value our food B. treat dogs as our friends C. save wasted food for homeless dogs D. raise homeless dogs and cats. 解析:主旨归纳题. 本文主要讲述了作者不浪费食物,把剩下的食物喂给流浪狗,呼吁人 们也这样做,故选 C. 答案:C 13. (6 分) The Take In restaurant in Helsinki,Finland,is currently in the news for its ingenious(有 独创性)service. Instead of cooking the meals in its own kitchenwhich doesn'

t existit allows customers to order various dishes from a selection of 20other restaurants in the city. Sponsored by American Express and Wolt,a popular food delivery app,Take In is a pop up (突然出现的)restaurant that opened at the beginning of November 2016, and will run through May 2,this year. As you'

ve probably already guessed,the name Take In is a clever play on words like take out. The whole point of ordering takeout is to avoid going to a restaurant,and if you'

re going to dress up to go out,you might as well go straight to your favorite restaurant instead of ordering food from it somewhere else. But here'

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题