编辑: 摇摆白勺白芍 2019-07-11
IBM Europe, Middle East, and Africa Hardware Announcement ZG15-0220, dated October 5,

2015 IBM Europe, Middle East, and Africa Hardware Announcement ZG15-0220 IBM is a registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation

1 IBM PurePower enhancements Table of contents

1 Overview

8 Technical information

2 Planned availability date

9 Terms and conditions

2 Description

9 Prices

6 Product number

10 Announcement countries

7 Publications

10 Corrections At a glance IBM (R) PurePower System TM Solution has been enhanced to provide: ? Support for IBM i on IBM PurePower System Solution.

IBM i is also supported on the IBM Power (R) System S822 server. ? Improvements to PurePower Integrated Manager (PPIM). ? Integration of HMC code (virtual HMC) into PPIM as a VM. ? The ability to order PurePower documentation in more languages. ? Configurator support for IBM Power System S822 and S822L servers in a single rack. Overview Several new enhancements are now available for IBM PurePower System Solution. IBM i support for PurePower System Solution and the IBM Power System S822 server IBM i 7.1 TR11 and IBM i 7.2 TR3 now support PurePower System Solution and the IBM Power System S822 server. IBM i support requires VIOS (no native I/O) and also requires FW840. With firmware code level 840, the 2U Power S822 (8284-22A) supports IBM i 7.2 or IBM i 7.1 with special terms and conditions. Technology Refresh

3 or later for IBM i 7.2 or Technology Refresh

11 or later for IBM i 7.1 is required. Multiple IBM i partitions each up to a maximum of two cores are supported. The Power S822 software tier is only P10. Virtual I/O Server (VIOS) is required for all the I/O that IBM i accesses. There is no native I/O support. Note that async or bisync adapters or crypto cards are not supported under VIOS. Thus IBM i applications requiring use of these adapters are not a good fit for the Power S822. Note IBM i 7.2 clients can connect to a LAN- attached OEM device that has downstream async connections. IBM i partitions accessing direct attached disk or SSD through VIOS must use 4k byte sector drives, not 5xx byte sector drives. The 4k drives are required for performance reasons. This IBM i support fulfills the Statement of Direction previously issued for PurePower systems. Improvements to PurePower Integrated Manager IBM Europe, Middle East, and Africa Hardware Announcement ZG15-0220 IBM is a registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation

2 PurePower Integrated Manager will gather and display the current level of firmware on all components in the offering and compare those levels against the current existing tested stack. It will notify you of any levels that are out of compliance, so that you can schedule manual updates. Virtual HMC (vHMC) Today, PurePower has a dedicated hardware management console (HMC) in the offering. In this release, PurePower will take advantage of the vHMC application. The vHMC will allow you to manage the PurePower POWER8 (R) servers through a guest partition on PurePower Integrated Manager. You will then be able to use the HMC node as a mirror image for fail-over purposes. Translations Prior to this release, PurePower documentation was supplied only in English. With this release, clients will have the ability to order publications in additional languages. Mixture of nodes in PurePower Previously, PurePower did not allow a mixture of POWER8 Compute Nodes (8284-22A and 8284-22L) in a single rack. This release allows you to order a mixture of nodes in a single rack. Planned availability date November 20,

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题