编辑: 棉鞋 2018-07-19
继续教育学院 School of Continuing Education, Jilin University 大学英语

(二) 授课教师:张绪忠 New Practical English―Comprehensive, Book

2 Network Education CollegeJilin University Unit

3 communication by phone Focal points1.

common-used expressions in telephone communication2.taking / leaving and passing a telephone message: format of phone massage3. Information Related to phone service4. text study: beneit and trouble of cell phone: for conversation press5. phone service in the USA6. the subjunctive mood A cell phone is a small telephone you can carry with you that operates through networks of radio antennas or space satellites. Other expressions of a cell phone: ?a cellular phone/telephone ?b mobile phone /telephone ?c. a handset ?

1 . Useful expressions about telephone communication (知识点1:电话用语) Person calling (打电话)a. Can you put me through to 2355213?b. Could I have extension 125?c. Could you tell me the number of the English Department?d. Hello, this is Jack.e. Good morning, Jack speaking.f. Let me talk to Jack.g. I would like to talk to Jack.h. When is he expected to be back?i. What time could I reach her?j. Sorry to have troubled you.k. Would you tell her I called?l. Can I contact him this morning?m. Could you ask her to call me back?n. I must have dialed the wrong number.o. Please tell him to phone 856852? Person called (接电话) a. A moment, please.b. The line is busy.c. He is on another phone.d. Just a minute. I will get the number for you.e. May I ask who is speaking?f. Hold the line. I will see if he'

s in.g. Sorry, the number'

s changed.h. I'

d like service for my new apartment.i. Do you want to leave word for him to call you?j. Could I take a message for you? Sample

1 Any Message, Sir? Gao: Hello, ABC Company. May I help you? ----Greeting George: Hello. This is George Richter. May I speak to Mr. Zhang Lihua?finding peopleGao: I'

m sorry, but he is not in at the moment.------answering George: When will he be expected?Gao: He will be back in a few minutes. George: Thank you . I'

ll call back.Gao: Any message, sir?asking to leave messageGeorge: Well, maybe… Would you mind telling him that his order will be ready on Thursday and asking him to call me any time before lunch. My phone number is 368-1130.leaving messageGao: I'

ve got it. George: Thank you very much. ---expressing thanksGao: You are welcome.

2 . Useful expressions about taking telephone message (知识点2:留电话信息) To/For 交From 留言人Date 留言日期Time 留言时间Phone 留言人电话Area code 区号Extension 分机号Telephone number 电话号Please call 请打电话给Will call again 将再来电话Returned call 已回电话Will telephone later 过后会来电话Will return 将回电话Came to see you 来过Wants to see you 想拜访您Urgent 紧急电话Important 重要电话Was in 留言人在Message 留言内容Signed 签字Remarks 备注 A sample of phone message FOR Mr. Zhang Lihua ( ) A.M. DATE 12-05-2002 TIME 10:15 ( )P.M. FROM Mr. George Richter OF ABC COMPANY PHONE 368-1130 AREA CODE NUMBER EXTENSION (√)TELEPHONED (√)PLEASE CALL ( )CAME TO SEE YOU ( )WILL CALL AGAIN ( )WANTS TO SEE YOU ( )RETURNED YOUR CALL MESSAGE Your order will be ready, Thursday. SIGNED Wei Gao IMPORTANT MESSAGE

3 Information Related to phone service(知识点3:电话服务信息) the white page 白页 The white pages of the American phone book list people and businesses and their phone numbers. People are listed by their last names. Next to each name is an address and telephone number. Names are listed in alphabetical order. They are listed in the order of letters of the alphabet. How to find the name you need in the white pages? At the top of each page are two guide names. The name on the left is the first name on the page. The name on the right is the last name on the page. Use the guide names to find the page you need. Then look for the name you need on that page. Sometimes several people have the same last names. These last names will be listed in the alphabetical order of their first names. the yellow pages 黄页 The yellow pages of the American phone book list names, addresses, and phone numbers of businesses. Doctors, lawyers, and dentists are also found in the yellow pages. Businesses are listed under headings in the yellow pages. If you want to find an insurance agent, you can look under the heading Insurance. Headings are listed in alphabetical order. Businesses are listed in alphabetical order under each heading. Some businesses also have ads under the heading. But there are no residential listings. Businesses appear in both the white pages and the yellow pages, but the yellow pages give more information about the services these businesses provide. 4. beneit and trouble of cell phone(课文学习) I'

下载(注:源文件不在本站服务器,都将跳转到源网站下载)
备用下载
发帖评论
相关话题
发布一个新话题